I am so glad you are here! I am super passionate about health and fitness, and I enjoy sharing that enthusiasm with my clients.
I have been in the fitness industry since 1999, after graduating from Toronto's Humber College Fitness Leadership program.
I am first and foremost a personal trainer with a focus on corrective exercise utilizing Pilates-based principles, building balanced bodies from the inside out.
I wholeheartedly believe in the power of purposeful movement to gain strength and vitality, while helping reduce aches and pains caused by inactivity.
I also love to teach a rockin' group exercise class, whether it's barre, HIIT, or spin, all my faves!
There is a real science behind building balanced bodies that I absolutely love implementing. I think it's important that instead of focusing on appearance, the focus shifts to how exercise and healthy nutrition make us feel: amazing! And once we start to move and eat well and we start to feel amazing, the by-product of all that is losing weight and looking better.
I know it can be tough to stay motivated when life gets busy. Or to know what the right steps are to get started or the next steps to progress with your current program because there is so much conflicting information out there.
Being in the fitness industry for over 20 years, I have seen so many trends come and go.
To see success workouts need to be:
- fun and enjoyable
- and backed by current exercise science
My programs deliver these aspects (and much more!) to each and every one of my clients. I eat, sleep, dream this stuff and I love to help my clients reach their goals!
A little bit of history:
I have been in the fitness industry since 1999 as a ACE-certified personal trainer. In 2012 I became a NASM-certified corrective exercise specialist (created for trainers by physiotherapists).
Since 2019 when I discovered my absolute love for Pilates I have taken numerous teacher trainings in classical and contemporary methods, settling in to align with the highly respected STOTT method.
I am a Precision Nutrition coach, which gives me expertise to coach clients to eat healthy and nutritiously.
In the 90s, I originally went to college obtaining a Journalism diploma and worked in the field for a bit before deciding it wasn't a good fit for me. I went to Humber College for Fitness Leadership and was ACE (American Council on Exercise) certified as a personal trainer. I worked at The Fitness Institute (now called Toronto Athletic Club) in downtown Toronto, located on the 36th floor of TD's South Tower, and created their Triathlon program with a fellow co-worker. I specialized in endurance sports, coaching age group runners and triathletes, along with business professionals wanting to lose some weight and get stronger.
I left the industry for a period of time to grow my family, the years went by way too fast!
In 2011, I studied as a Vinyasa Yoga Instructor with Toronto's The Yoga Sanctuary's 250 hour yoga teacher training program. I also studied Ashtanga yoga as a personal practice with some of the most amazing teachers: David Robson (Toronto) and Fiona Stang (Vancouver). I moved to Vancouver in 2012 and re-certified as an ACE personal trainer after completing Infofit's comprehensive Personal Training program. I worked as a trainer and yoga instructor in various gyms and studios in the Vancouver area.
Now located in Langley, BC, in 2018 I discovered my love of teaching group fitness classes. There is just something special and super fun when a group of people get together to move together.
I was a personal trainer and I taught a variety of group fitness classes at the Township of Langley rec centres, namely small group training, barre, yoga, group cycling, Pilates mat and body sculpt before the COVID pandemic. I have also taught at Brand Fitness, Inspire Fitness, Smiling Hearts, Core Conditioning, and Evolution Pilates and Yoga studio.
I became enamoured with Pilates in 2019 when I enrolled in Emmie Li's Pilates Essence's BCRPA Classical Pilates mat instructor training when I was asked to teach Pilates mat classes for the Township of Langley rec centres. I.Like.Literally.Fell.In.LOVE
The journey led me to Balanced Body's contemporary teacher training in mat and reformer, and then to Mindful Movement Pilates studio's 500hr comprehensive teacher training which offered more of a blend of classical/contemporary methods. I eventually discovered the amazing STOTT Pilates method.
STOTT Pilates is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by Joseph Pilates. Co-founders Lindsay G. Merrithew and Moira Merrithew, along with a team of physical therapists, sports medicine and fitness professionals, have spent three decades refining the STOTT method of exercise and equipment. This resulted in the inclusion of modern principles of exercise science, fascial fitness and spinal rehabilitation, making it one of the safest and most effective methods available.
Currently I own and run a small, boutique Pilates Studio located in Willoughby area of Langley BC where I instruct private and semi-private Pilates Fitness Training sessions.
Personal Training Certifications
- Fitness Leadership from Humber College 1999
- ACE Personal Trainer - 2000 & 2012, Group Fitness Instructor - 2019, Senior Fitness Specialist - 2019
- Infofit's Personal Training Program - 2012
- NASM certified Personal Trainer - 2018, & Corrective Exercise Specialist - 2012
- BCRPA Personal Training - 2018, Weight Training - 2018, Yoga Fitness - 2019, Pilates Fitness - 2019, Group Fitness Instructor - 2020
- TRX Suspension Training - 2020
- DTS Exercise Coach - 2020
Pilates Teacher Training
- Pilates Essence's BCRPA Classical Pilates Mat Instructor Training 40hr Module - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Pilates Mat Level 1, 2, 3 - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Reformer Level 1, 2 - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Reformer Level 3 - 2020
- Mindful Movement Pilates 500hr Comprehensive Classical/Contemporary Blend Pilates Teacher Training - Tested and Completed 2021
- Precision Nutrition’s Level 1 Nutritional Coach, Pn1 Certified - 2019
- ACE Health and Wellness Coaching program, 2020
Group Fitness Certifications
- Keiser Indoor Group Cycling Instructor - 2019
- IBBFA Barre Instructor, Level 1 - 2019, IBBFA Pre/Postnatal Barre Instructor - 2019
- Barre Above Pilates Focus Instructor - 2019, Barre Above Instructor - 2019
- Oh Baby! Fitness Pre/Postnatal Instructor - 2019
- ACE's Barre Intensity Training - 2019
- Spinning Group Cycling Instructor - 2020
- Bootybarre Level 1 and Level 2 training - 2020
Yoga Teacher Training
- Communicating Through Intelligent Touch: Hands-on Yogic Adjustments and Assists, Level 1 18hr with YuMee Chung and Charlene Yeh - 2011
- The Yoga Sanctuary 250hr Yoga Teacher Training - 2012
- Yyoga 40hr Mentorship Graduate with Rachel Scott - 2012
- Fit Flow Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 35hr - 2018 & Level 2 16hr - 2019
- Yoga Tune Up The Roll Model 14hr Correspondence Course - 2018
- Yoga International's 6hr Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Cyndi Lee - 2019
- Pretzel Kids 20hr Yoga Teacher Training for Children, Teens, Special Needs - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 20hr Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 20hr Yoga with Weights Instructor Training - 2019
- Yoga Journal's 20 hr Fascia Release For Yoga with Ariele Foster of Yoga Anatomy Academy - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 100hr Existing Yoga Instructor Training - 2019
Registered Massage Therapy
- Introduction to Massage Therapy weekend course - 2021
- BioPrep online course - 2021
- Completed term 1 (May-Aug 2021) of WCCMT's registered massage therapy program before deciding I just LOVE teaching Pilates and fitness!
I would love to hear from you. Feel free to ask any questions or concerns below.