I am so glad you are here! I am super passionate about health and fitness, and I enjoy sharing that enthusiasm with my clients.
I have been in the fitness industry since 1999, after graduating from Toronto's Humber College Fitness Leadership program.
I am first and foremost a personal trainer with a focus on corrective exercise utilizing Pilates-based principles, building balanced bodies from the inside out.
I wholeheartedly believe in the power of purposeful movement to gain strength and vitality, while helping reduce aches and pains caused by inactivity.
I also love to teach a rockin' group exercise class, whether it's barre, HIIT, or spin, all my faves!
There is a real science behind building balanced bodies that I absolutely love implementing. I think it's important that instead of focusing on appearance, the focus shifts to how exercise and healthy nutrition make us feel: amazing! And once we start to move and eat well and we start to feel amazing, the by-product of all that is losing weight and looking better.
I know it can be tough to stay motivated when life gets busy. Or to know what the right steps are to get started or the next steps to progress with your current program because there is so much conflicting information out there.
Being in the fitness industry for over 20 years, I have seen so many trends come and go.
To see success workouts need to be:
- fun and enjoyable
- and backed by current exercise science
My programs deliver these aspects (and much more!) to each and every one of my clients. I eat, sleep, dream this stuff and I love to help my clients reach their goals!
Currently I own and run a small, boutique Pilates Studio called Pilates Life Studio located in Willoughby area of Langley BC where I instruct Pilates Equipment sessions.
Personal Training Certifications
- Fitness Leadership from Humber College 1999
- ACE Personal Trainer - 2000 & 2012, Group Fitness Instructor - 2019, Senior Fitness Specialist - 2019
- Infofit's Personal Training Program - 2012
- NASM certified Personal Trainer - 2018, & Corrective Exercise Specialist - 2012
- BCRPA Personal Training - 2018, Weight Training - 2018, Yoga Fitness - 2019, Pilates Fitness - 2019, Group Fitness Instructor - 2020
- TRX Suspension Training - 2020
- DTS Exercise Coach - 2020
- Enrolled in 4-year Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at CBU
Pilates Teacher Training
- Pilates Essence's BCRPA Classical Pilates Mat Instructor Training 40hr Module - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Pilates Mat Level 1, 2, 3 - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Pilates Reformer Level 1, 2 - 2019
- Balanced Body Contemporary Pilates Reformer Level 3 - 2020
- Mindful Movement Pilates 500hr Comprehensive Classical/Contemporary Blend Pilates Teacher Training - Tested and Completed 2021
- Balanced Body Contemporary Pilates Apparatus (Chair, Barrels, Trapeze) Level 1, 2, 3 - 2022
- Enrolled in Breathe Edu Clinical Pilates Diploma 2022
- Precision Nutrition’s Level 1 Nutritional Coach, Pn1 Certified - 2019
- ACE Health and Wellness Coaching program, 2020
Group Fitness Certifications
- Keiser Indoor Group Cycling Instructor - 2019
- IBBFA Barre Instructor, Level 1 - 2019, IBBFA Pre/Postnatal Barre Instructor - 2019, Ballerobica -2019
- Barre Above Pilates Focus Instructor - 2019, Barre Above Instructor - 2019
- Oh Baby! Fitness Pre/Postnatal Instructor - 2019
- ACE's Barre Intensity Training - 2019
- Spinning Group Cycling Instructor - 2020
- Bootybarre Level 1 and Level 2 training - 2020
Yoga Teacher Training
- Communicating Through Intelligent Touch: Hands-on Yogic Adjustments and Assists, Level 1 18hr with YuMee Chung and Charlene Yeh - 2011
- The Yoga Sanctuary 250hr Yoga Teacher Training - 2012
- Yyoga 40hr Mentorship Graduate with Rachel Scott - 2012
- Fit Flow Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 35hr - 2018 & Level 2 16hr - 2019
- Yoga Tune Up The Roll Model 14hr Correspondence Course - 2018
- Yoga International's 6hr Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Cyndi Lee - 2019
- Pretzel Kids 20hr Yoga Teacher Training for Children, Teens, Special Needs - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 20hr Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 20hr Yoga with Weights Instructor Training - 2019
- Yoga Journal's 20 hr Fascia Release For Yoga with Ariele Foster of Yoga Anatomy Academy - 2019
- Holy Yoga's 100hr Existing Yoga Instructor Training - 2019
I would love to hear from you. Feel free to ask any questions or concerns below.