Private Pilates Fitness Training
Maximize results by working one-on-one with a trainer who creates workouts that are 100% tailored for you and your unique needs, abilities, injuries, and chronic pain while working at a pace that is appropriate for you.
Pilates Fitness Training combines functional strength training with Pilates apparatus (tower, stability chair, reformer, barrel) exercises.
Benefits of using this method:
- balanced strength and endurance increases stamina and vitality
- safe pre-habilitation exercises prevents future injuries
- fundamental rehabilitation exercises restores body to move optimally
- increases range of motion of joints that helps reduce chronic pain
- effective low impact (high impact options available) cardio to blast fat and build power safely that is designed for each participants individual needs and abilities
Why is Personal Training Important for You
Unfortunately, I see it over and over again. I see well-meaning folks trying to get into shape by randomly using free YouTube workouts, doing endless hours of only cardio, and/or going to the gym trying out various machines without a plan.
It's vital that when we take time out of our busy schedules to workout that we make it effective, that we move in a way that fits our body and our unique set of abilities, movement patterns, and previous injuries. The bonus is when we make our workouts effective, we also spend less time working out, maximizing results in less time.
There is nothing random about building a strong and healthy body.
In fact, you are more likely to injure yourself, overtrain, and/or undertrain when you try to piece together fitness activities with no structure. There are so many components to a correct fitness routine that many people aren't aware of. Hire a skilled fitness pro to learn how to become the healthiest version of yourself!
In-person training sessions are held at my studio located in Langley BC.
- 2 Merrithew Pilates reformers, one with a cadillac tower
- 2 Merrithew Pilates split-pedal stability chairs
- 2 TRX suspension systems
- 2 BOSU
- 2 Theraband stability balls
- 2 Reebok steps
- Merrithew Arc Barrel
- Balanced Body MOTR pulley system
- Pilates accessories: roller, ring, balls, bands
- Barbell system
- Rubberized Agility Ladder
- Ballet Barre
- Wobble boards
- a vast array of hand weights, resistance bands, kettlebells, medicine balls, and more!
Optional: online personal training using the reliable Zoom conferencing platform, our training sessions work around what equipment you have available. I have suggestions for affordable and portable exercise equipment to maximize results in FAQs below.
Build your body inside and out, gaining balanced strength, becoming long and lean, correcting poor posture and movement patterns, reducing chronic pain, and preventing future injuries.
Pilates equipment (called apparatus) was created and designed by Joseph Hubertus Pilates, born in 1883. He spent his life studying the body's healthy movement patterns, first in Germany and later in New York, USA, developing a system called Contrology. Over the years, physiotherapists have taken Joseph's exercises and expanded them into amazingly effective pre-habilitation and re-habilitation movements working the entire muscular system of the body, emphasizing the "powerhouse" muscles (abdominals, spinal erectors, low back, gluteals, hip flexors).
Benefits of the Pilates apparatus exercises:
- creates long and lean muscles as the uniqueness of the spring system of the reformer, tower, and chair lengthens while strengthening the muscles
- focuses on core strength and proper muscle engagement which improves athletic performance, low back pain, injury recovery, weight loss, balance, and bone density
- safe on the joints
- accommodates full range of motion, which is great for increasing flexibility while building strength
- variety of exercises mainly supported on the carriage is beneficial for pre-habilitation and re-habilitation
- activates the smaller, stability muscles usually missed in regular strength exercises
- helps with gradually and safely gaining strength and body awareness
- everyone can do it! The movements are assessable for all levels and abilities, from teenagers to seniors and elite athletes to people with a more sedentary lifestyle
- perfect to combine with an athletic program, using as an additional program to build body from the inside out, great for runners, weight lifters, cyclists, all athletes!
Private Pilates Fitness Training Pricing
Private one on one sessions to maximize effectiveness of the exercises tailored to meet your every need.
First session includes a thorough fitness assessment to investigate your unique movement patterns.
To get started, please fill out the Client Intake Form further down this webpage.
Single Private Sessions
Need just one or two sessions to jump start your exercise plan or interested in coming once and while? This is the pass for you!
This pass is good for:
- clients who don't want to commit to booking regularly
- clients needing to revamp their current home workout routine
- new clients not sure if they are ready to commit and would like to start with a couple of sessions
$60/ 50min session
4-Pk 50 Minute Sessions $200CAD
Regular weekly booking to build habits, get stronger with the right guidance while receiving homework to complete two workouts at home with your own equipment.
8-Pk 50 Minute Sessions $400CAD
Regular twice a week sessions to begin to really maximize the benefits of working with a trainer one on one. Homework is given to complete at one more workout at home using your own equipment.
12-Pk 50 Minute Sessions $600CAD
Don't want to work out at home? Want a trainer to lead you in effective workouts every time? Regular booking of three times a week will maximize results. Let's reach your goals together!
Optional Nutrition Programs
Are you struggling with making lasting change concerning your nutrition and workouts?
Looking for the ultimate program to accomplish your goals once and for all?
Need a coach to keep you motivated and accountable, while giving you appropriate, perfectly-timed, evidence-based advice you need to succeed?
Precision Nutrition ProCoach
This powerful lifestyle change program combines the Precision Nutrition's ProCoach software with Amy as your coach.
All my private and semi-private clients receive this program at no additional cost!Learn More
Inner Strength Training (IST)
Your workouts are tailored to meet your needs, abilities, and goals using my Inner Strength Training (IST) method (explanation of IST below). As a certified personal trainer (ACE, NASM, and BCRPA), exercise coach (DTS), Pilates instructor (Balanced Body, BCRPA and Mindful Movement), and corrective exercise specialist (NASM) you are in the very best hands.
What makes the Inner Strength Training (IST) method different from other training programs?
IST is about honouring where your body is at and giving it what it needs - a balanced health regime. It's about functional movement training, building our muscles with effective movement patterns. It’s about creating a strong and balanced body from the inside out. Working our supporting intrinsic muscles helps stabilize the body's foundation, so that our extrinsic muscles (the surface “power” muscles) can do their job properly and purposefully. The IST method works both your intrinsic and extrinsic muscles for a whole body approach to strength and cardio training. While reaching your desired weight is important if that is your goal, IST is challenging, however, is it not about arduously struggling to obtain an impossibly perfect body shape. It’s about creating strong, supported, balanced bodies that can function and move with freedom and ease.
What do I receive when I purchase personal training sessions?
Why is strength training important?
Do you include nutritional plans?
Can all levels participate in the programs?
What are the workouts like?
For online training: suggestions of affordable and portable exercise equipment to maximize results.
Ready To Make a Positive Change?
Would you like more information on how to build your new strong and healthy body? Please fill out the intake form below and I will connect with you to schedule your consultation and assessment session soon!
Pilates Fitness Training Client Intake Form
Please fill out with as much detail as possible to discover if we would work well together as a team to help you reach your fitness goals. I will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your needs. There will be no pressure to purchase sessions, let's connect first to see if I can help.
Who is Amy G Fitness?
Not every fitness instructor out there to hire has the same skills. Choose one with years of experience, a trainer that continues to learn with multiple certifications, and one that is honest, sincere, and not out to make a quick buck. Pick a trainer who cares and goes that extra mile for you!About Amy