13-Week Walking and Running Programs
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Increase bone density
- Gain strength
- Burn fat effectively
- Maintain a healthy weight
Multi-option walking and running programs have a very special focus: to gradually build the running (or power walking) technique to stay injury free, pain free in our joints, and be successful long term for our unique bodies.
Registration closes Saturday Sept 19!
Customized Walk/Run Programs
Six different programs to choose from!
Work with an experienced certified personal trainer and corrective exercise specialist to gradually and safely build up to walk or run a 5k or 10k distance race in 13 weeks. Gain strength and power in the longer and stronger programs for those already running.
Beginner Walk 5k/10k
This program is designed for the beginner exerciser. Starts off slowly with walking, adds power walking intervals, and near the end of the 13-week program adds optional short jog intervals, if comfortable in the joints. Choice of finishing a 5k walk or 10k walk race.
Designed for the walker or beginner runner who would like to gradually build the strength and endurance to run a 5k. Program begins with power walking with short jog intervals, and by the 13th week, running intervals are longer and the power walking intervals are shorter.
Designed for the strong walker whose goal is to run the entire 5k with less walking intervals. Hill drills, speed play, and sprint intervals will be explored slowly and safely, the goal is to stay injury free while building strength in the legs and cardiovascular system.
Designed for the walker or beginner runner who would like to gradually begin to build the strength and endurance to run a 10k with walking intervals. Program begins with power walking with short jog intervals, and by the 13th week, running intervals are longer and the power walking intervals are shorter.
Designed for the casual runner, 5k runner, or new 10k runner who wants to lengthen their run intervals and shorten their need to have walk breaks. Program gradually builds the endurance to run the entire 10k with minimal walk breaks and yet stay injury free and safe in the joints by focusing on proper running form.
Run Stronger 10k
Designed for the 10k runner whose goal is to go faster and shorten their 10k running time. Hill drills, speed play, and sprint intervals will be explored slowly and safely, the goal is to stay injury free while building strength in the legs and cardiovascular system.
Running is so good for our bodies and we are naturally built to run. However, due to habitual movement patterns, improper foot wear, lack of recovery methods, and incorrect running technique injuries and discomforts happen.
Running is a demanding sport. Two thirds of all aspiring runners develop an overuse injury. Most of these overuse injuries could have been prevented with the right program that includes a slow, gradual increase in mileage and speed with the focus on the right technique.
Number One Goal: to keep all participants safe from overuse injuries and to gradually increase strength and stability in the joints. For 13-weeks learn proper running mechanics, receive advice on foot wear and foot health, training, recovery methods, and nutrition while gradually building endurance in a specifically designed program to avoid injury and be safe on the joints.
Number Two Goal: to make running enjoyable and fun! How do we do that? By not pushing ourselves to the point of exhaustion but by working out at an enjoyable and attainable pace that is different for every body.
Full program includes:
- Choice of 6 different 13-week walk/run program options (listed above)
- Personal coaching individualized to meet your unique needs and abilities
- Customized program as you journey through the program, making the program fit for your unique abilities. Beginner Walk 5k/10k program is for new exercisers and slowly builds stamina. Walk-Run 5k/10k programs are for beginner runners that start very gradual so joints can slowly build stability. Run-Walk 5k is for the consistent exerciser or strong walker. Run-Walk 10k and Run Stronger 10k programs assumes you are running already
- Only need to walk to run 3 times a week to fit busy schedules, 5k workouts are 20-30min long/ 10k workouts 30-60min long
- Langley coaching meets every other Saturday morning 8:30am at local running track. Learn how to properly run with specific running drills to keep you injury free and gain strength for your level and ability
- North Vancouver coaching meets every other Monday afternoon at 1:30pm at local running track. Learn how to properly run with specific running drills to keep you injury free and gain strength for your level and ability
- Stretching and foam rolling protocol with videos
- Weekly tips on Facebook Community page and on website program
- Weekly logs
- Supportive Facebook Community Group: Posting a photo every time you finish your walk/run workout for accountability and motivation as we cheer each other on (one of the best parts of the program!)
- Very own race! Scheduled: Dec 12
Who is Amy G Fitness?
Not every fitness instructor out there to hire has the same skills. Choose one with years of experience, a trainer that continues to learn with multiple certifications, and one that is honest, sincere, and not out to make a quick buck. Pick a trainer who cares and goes that extra mile for you!About Amy
Before starting any new exercise program, it's important to fill out the online PARQ (physical activity readiness questionnaire) here http://eparmedx.com. If you have any questions about the status of your health, please contact your doctor.